Compare CTP Insurance Qld
Cheapest CTP insurance Qld
Queensland is one of the states in Australia where you can compare CTP prices and switch to another CTP insurer. In Qld vehicle owners can choose a Qld CTP insurer each time they register. Your current insurer continues to provide your CTP unless you choose another one. You can do this online or directly with the insurer you choose.
How to compare CTP
Before renewing registration, compare prices to get the cheapest premium for your vehicle class and type of use. Prices for business use are higher than for personal use because of the extra administration in claiming an input tax credit.
The Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC) provides an online CTP premium calculator to help you choose a Qld CTP insurer. Just enter these four details:
- Registration due date
- Class of vehicle, eg, Class 1 is motor car or station wagon
- Whether or not you claim for GST (input tax credit)
- Period of registration.
Your calculator results show you reasons to select each insurer and details of all terms and conditions. At the bottom is a button that says “Change to” each CTP insurer. Remember, you are not obliged to change insurer when you register.
What to consider
When you choose a Qld CTP insurer, consider which factors are important to you:
- Any current relationship with a CTP insurer
- Further benefits that may be offered by an insurer.
Qld insurers no longer offer an extra benefit on top of CTP for drivers who are at fault in an accident. This was known generally as At-Fault Driver Cover. At-Fault Driver Cover provided further cover for the driver at fault in an accident.
What do you want to do?
- Big changes to Qld CTP11/10/2023
- RACQ plans to exit Qld CTP scheme03/07/2023
- Queensland MAIC reviews its CTP scheme21/06/2023
- Why Qld CTP insurers could lift their game on claims13/07/2021
- Citizens jury reports on CTP reform06/07/2020