CTP Insurers Qld
CTP providers Qld
Three CTP insurers are licensed by the Queensland government agency, Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC). Qld CTP providers set their own premiums each quarter within upper and lower limits set by the MAIC. Below are contact details for each CTP insurer in Qld, including phone, hours, email and any CTP extras:
Note, RACQ Insurance is included only for current policyholders. It stopped offering CTP in Qld on 1 October 2023.
|Phone||13 10 00|
|Hours||8am to 9pm Mon-Fri
8am to 5pm Sat-Sun
|CTP extras in Qld
||Allianz stopped offering complimentary At-Fault Driver Protection policies from 1 July 2023.|
|Hours||8am to 5pm Mon-Fri
8am to 1.30pm Sat
|In person||Level 13, 145 Ann Street, Brisbane QLD 4000|
|CTP extras in Qld||DriverProtect, $25 or $50 gift card for qualifying new customers.|
|Phone||13 11 60|
|Hours||8am to 6pm Mon-Fri|
|CTP extras in Qld||Driver Protection Cover, a CTP insurance policy counts towards a multi-policy discount.|
RACQ Insurance (for current policyholders only)
|In person||Find a branch|
|CTP extras in Qld||None|
Did you know you can check the name of your current CTP provider on your vehicle registration notice? Remember, if you want to switch to a new CTP insurer, do this before renewing your registration. Otherwise, your previous insurer will provide CTP cover until the next renewal.
No CTP extras in Qld
Under the Qld CTP scheme, drivers at fault may not get as many benefits as other drivers. Insurers in Qld no longer offer a free extra benefit on top of CTP. This was known generally as At-Fault Driver Cover:
- QBE stopping offering DriverProtect from 25 August 2023
- Suncorp Insurance no longer offers Driver Protection Cover since 2 August 2023
- Allianz stopped offering At Fault Driver Protection from 1 July 2023.
Drivers who have a serious accident are now referred to the National Injury Insurance Scheme.
What would you like to do?
- Big changes to Qld CTP11/10/2023
- RACQ plans to exit Qld CTP scheme03/07/2023
- Queensland MAIC reviews its CTP scheme21/06/2023
- Why Qld CTP insurers could lift their game on claims13/07/2021
- Citizens jury reports on CTP reform06/07/2020